Reading Museum Town Hall

Reading Museum

Search the Collections

The Peacock pub, Reading

Photograph from Reading Chronicle Collection - April 1956

completed for accessibility and SEO

The Peacock pub, Broad Street.

The Peacock, a new luxury pub on the south side of Broad Street in Reading, opened under the management of Mr L.E. Deamer. It replaced an older pub of the same name on the north side of Broad Street, which was demolished to build a Woolworths.

This photograph was published in the Berkshire Chronicle on 13 April 1956.

Museum object number REDMG : 1980.36.C287.1

See related topic: Reading Chronicle

See related topic: Reading Pubs