Reading Museum Town Hall

Reading Museum

Search the Collections

Wynford Arms, Reading, pub sign

Late 20th century

completed for accessibility and SEO

Pub sign for the Wynford Arms, Kings Road, Reading

This large sign is from the exterior of the former Wynford Arms public house at 110 Kings Road, Reading, where it was originally situated on the first floor above the main entrance. A gay pride rainbow flag was added to centre of the sign when it became a gay friendy venue in 1992.

The Wynford Arms was a Victorian pub that became one of Reading's first gay bars in October 1992, and served the LGBT+ community until it closed on 28 May 2015.

Museum object number REDMG : 2018.23.1

height 1930 mm, width 1320 mm

See related topic: Reading Pubs