New Southcote estate and Church in Reading.
Photograph from Reading Chronicle Collection - May 1955
St Matthew's Church, Southcote Lane, opened on the new Southcote housing estate, Reading. This modest building was relegated to being the church hall in 1967 when a larger church designed by architect Sir Basil Spence was built on the open land in front of it.
This photograph was published in the Berkshire Chronicle on 27 May 1955.
Museum object number